We will hold 3 tennis ladder rounds. One per month in June, July and August. Please register for
each round in which you would like to participate and we will contact you with further
Players are placed in groups of 4 players and will have 4 weeks to arrange and play a match with
each of the other players in their group. Players then move up or down the ladder for the next
round, according to their results.
Participants will have contact information for the other ladder participants.
- Participants will have 4 weeks to play one match against each player in their group. The 4-week period will start Sunday at noon and end on Saturday evening, 4 weeks later.
- Players are responsible for contacting the other players in their groups as soon as possible to arrange a mutually convenient time to play and book a court through Court Reserve.
- Players are responsible for supplying relatively new tennis balls for their matches.
- Each match will consist of one normal “first to win 6 games ” set.
- If a set is tied 6-6 games, the winner of the set is decided by tiebreak, per Tennis Canada Rules.
- As soon as the match is completed, players enter their results on the scorecard located on the tennis court fence.
- If a player is not available for a match with their opponent, they will forfeit the match.
- If a match is interrupted by rain, the players can reschedule, unless they agree to assign the win to the player who was leading.
- At the end of each round, players are awarded 3 points for each win, 2 for a tie, 1 for a loss and 0 for a forfeit. The top player in each group moves up and the bottom player moves down to another group for the next round.
- If you are unable to play your matches for any reason (illness, injury, emergency…), you must email the ladder coordinator, otherwise you may be suspended from the ladder.
- If you know in advance you will be unable to play in a round because of injury, vacation or any other reason, you must inform the coordinator before the end of the previous round.